Great leadership, based on authentic
principles, is crucial everywhere,
not just in organisations.
We also need inspirational and
effective leadership in families,
in communities and in a host of
other voluntary roles
Between 2008 and 2017 I led a project in my community to address the real issues of rural isolation and physical and psychological well-being. The experience was amazing. A small, committed team, united in a common purpose and vision, delivered £500,000 worth of funding to build a new village hall and serenity garden and provided the spark that ignited a vibrant rural community
More about the project and our community here
In 2018 I published a book telling the story of the project, designed to inspire and encourage others involved in any community endeavour.
Over the past few years I have held a number of voluntary trustee positions
- Chair of Fradswell Community Hub 2011-2017
- Vice chair of Birmingham City University SU 2011 - 2015
- Trustee and Chair of the trading company Staffs Wildlife Trust 2012 - 2016
- Chair of Osprey Leadership Foundation 2018 - present
- Chair of Windmill Broadcasting 2018 - present